What makes you unique? That’s often a difficult question for young students to answer. At Highland, we give you all the tools, resources, opportunities, and support you’ll need to find out.
At Highland School, a Pre-K to Grade 12 independent school located in the heart of Warrenton, Virginia, that’s one of the questions that drives us every day. We work tirelessly to make sure that every student has every opportunity to find out what makes him or her unique in an academically challenging yet supportive environment.
- MonAug27 Faculty Work Day
- TueAug28 Faculty Work Day
- WedAug29 Faculty Work Day
- WedAug29 Ninth Grade and New Upper School Family Orientation 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM
- WedAug29 Upper School Picnic 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- ThuAug30 Fifth Grade and New Middle School Family Orientation 2:30 PM to 3:00 PM
- ThuAug30 Middle School Social 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- FriAug31 New Lower School Family Orientation 9:30 AM to 10:00 AM
- FriAug31 Lower School Meet and Greet 10:00 AM
- TueSep04 School Begins 8:00 AM
- TueSep04 Extended Day Programs Begin 3:30 PM to 6:00 PM
- MonSep10 Convocation 9:00 AM
- FriOct05 Professional Day (No Classes)
- MonOct08 Columbus Day (School Closed)
"I was attracted to Highland's small class sizes, high-quality academics, and diverse opportunities for student growth – not only inside the classroom but far beyond as well."
Highland Upper School Student
"I love the small class sizes at Highland. Everyone seems more closely connected than other schools I have attended."
Highland Upper School student
"Highland delivers exactly what they promise. They deliver the best education geared toward each individual student."
New Highland Parent
"The whole student is not complete without the arts. We would not be fulfilling our mission as a school if we didn't have a robust arts program that served the entire student."
Michael Hughes, Highland's Artistic Director
"Lots of schools say it, but Highland School means it – not only do they nurture the whole child, but they appreciate each child's individuality."
New Highland Parent